Life's To Do List...
Okay, okay, I totally lifted this from Abby's blog, who lifted it from Beth's blog. But I thought it was interesting and thought provoking and my answers caused me to think about where I've been and what I've done in my life. All as opposed to what I had wanted to accomplish and what I'd LIKE to do in my life. All in all, I don't think I'd change anything.
Truthfully, though I wish I hadn't been divorced and remarried, I love and adore my husband and I'd never have had my little sunshine, Dalton.
I wish some events that happened in my childhood hadn't but they did and they have helped shape my thought processes, my life's choices and have helped me gain the wisdom I needed to help others through similar circumstances without completely going nuts. (At least I hope so lol...)
All in all, I wouldn't change a thing. I have loved large and hard and I've been loved. I have known great sorrow with the loss of my mom but I've also known great joy because I knew her. I've known the amazing opportunity to be a friend and have a friend in my dad and BOY what a joy that is! I have three of the coolest kids ever and I adore them each and I have the blessing of a wonderful family of not just relatives by blood and marriage but a family of friends that spans the world. I have the pleasure, peace and blessing of knowing that the Holy Spirit moves in me and in my life. What more could I ask for! I'm amazingly blessed!
So, here's the Life's To Do List
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink......no
02. Swam with wild dolphins.........no, but I'd love to.
03. Climbed a mountain ........ yep several actually
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive....um no...
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid......how cool would that be?
06. Held a tarantula....no way in ... well, you know.
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone... yes
08. Said 'I love you' and meant it.........why bother saying something that important if you don't mean it?
09. Hugged a tree....yes - I'm one of those horrible tree huggin' hippies from the early 70's you know...
10. Bungee jumped........not no but **** NO!!
11. Visited Paris.....YES! The most amazing place I've ever been.
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea....well sort of... I was ON a boat barely off the shore... does that count?
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise.....sure
14. Seen the Northern Lights......only in movies...
15. Gone to a huge sports game....oh ya... baseball, football, hockey, basketball and arena football too!
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa.........no
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables.........the best kind there is!
18. Touched an iceberg....no
19. Slept under the stars.......oh yes
20. Changed a baby's diaper....oh, just a few!
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon....no but even though I'm deathly afraid of heights, I'd love to do this...
22. Watched a meteor shower....yes, amazing
23. Gotten drunk on champagne......um ya...
24. Given more than you can afford to charity.......yes but God always provides doesn't He
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope....yes
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment ....too many times to count!
27. Had a food fight......with three boys what do you think? LOL
28. Bet on a winning horse..........yes
29. Asked out a stranger..........yes and it was a terrible date ROFL
30. Had a snowball fight.....lots of 'em!
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can...yes
32. Held a lamb...no
33. Seen an eclipse....yes
34. Ridden a roller coaster...once upon a time
35. Hit a home run....no, never though I've sure tried! (although if you count video games I'm a champ!)
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking...oh ya
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day.,....absolutely - when I was in Spanish in college it was a challenge but it was fun fun fun!
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment....UNEQUIVOCABLY YES!!!
39. Had two hard drives for your computer...no
40. Visited all 10 provinces or all 50 states....no
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk...oh ya...
42. Had amazing friends....FOR CERTAIN!
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country....yes
44. Watched wild whales.....Yes!
45. Stolen a sign ... yes
46. Backpacked in Europe....no
47. Taken a road-trip...oh yeah!!
48. Gone rock climbing...Yeppers! Nearly died! But it was a great adventure and I've done it since then too. I have yet to conquer my fear of heights but I keep trying.
49. Midnight walk on the beach...yes and it's incredibly romantic
50. Gone sky diving....no and I never will WAY too scary for me.
51. Visited Ireland...no but I dream of it.
52. Been heartbroken longer then you were actually in love ...no way, life's too short
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them....yes! The Japanese restaurant where they seat you with a table full of people you have no clue who they are to watch the "show"...
54. Visited Japan...no
55. Milked a cow...no but I want to try this
56. Alphabetized your cds....oh ya... (That's the OCD coming out)
57. Pretended to be a superhero...As a child I did, Wonder Woman and what was her name - the female equivalent to The 6 Million Dollar Man... but now that I'm a Mom, I'm a real Live Superhero!
58. Sung karaoke...oh ya...
59. Lounged around in bed all day...never...
60. Posed nude in front of strangers ....are you kidding? I don't even look at myself nude, let alone ALLOW anyone else to!
61. Gone scuba diving... no but I'd love to
62. Kissed in the rain.....yes
63. Played in the mud.....yes, even as an adult w/ my kids
64. Played in the rain... yes, again, even as an adult
65. Gone to a drive-in theater...yes, I really miss those places! They are a great fun family adventure.
66. Visited the Great Wall of China...no
67. Started a business .yes
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken....yes
69. Toured ancient sites ...sure if you count old old things in Paris but if you're talking Egypt or the Mayan/Incan Ruins etc, not me...
70. Taken a martial arts class....sort of
71. Played D& for 6 hours straight....?
72. Gotten married....uh huh.
73. Been in a movie....no, but I'd LOVE to
74. Crashed a party...nope.
75. Gotten divorced....yes and it's dreadfully sad all the way around, whether it was your choice or not...
76. Gone without food for 5 days....yes
77. Made cookies from scratch....yes
78. Won first prize in a costume contest....yes
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice...no but who's taking me coz I REALLY wanna go!
80. Gotten a tattoo...no, but I'm married to someone w/ 6 so I'll be satisfied living vicariously through him kk?
81. Rafted the Dead River...no, but I"m not sure I wanna raft any place called the "Dead River" can you even raft on a dead river?
82. Been on television news programs as an "expert"....me? um no...
83. Got flowers for no reason....yes
84. Performed on stage....oh ya... my second "artsy" passion
85. Been to Las Vegas...no and don't wanna unless it's to see friends and stay as far away as possible from any casino...
86. Recorded music...yep in a studio even!
87. Eaten shark...yes
88. Had a one-night stand...*blush* yes...
89. Gone to Thailand....no
90. Bought a house...yes
91. Been in a combat zone...no and I hope I don't ever have to be (Thank you to all our service men and women who are fighting NOW and in the past to keep us all free!)
92. Buried one of your parents ....yes and it's devastating...
93. Been on a cruise ship...no but I'd love to
94. Spoken more than one language fluently ....once upon a time yes
95. Performed in aisles at Rocky Horror...no, only on stage during a showing
96. Raised children....tryin' to anyhow!
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour ...no
98. Created and named your own constellation of stars....no but there are two stars that have been named for my mom!
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country....I wish!
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over ...no
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge...no
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking...sure!
103. Had plastic surgery...no
104. Survived an illness that you shouldn't have survived ....yes
105. Wrote articles for a large publication...no but I"m workin' on it!
106. Lost over 100 pounds...over and over ha ha ha ha
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback? yes
108. Piloted an airplane...no but I would LOVE to do this... I love flying...
109. Petted a stingray ....yes
110. Broken someones heart... yes
111. Helped an animal give birth ...yes
112. Won money on a T.V. game show...no
113. Broken a bone,....too dang many...
114. Gone on an African photo safari...on line but never in person lol
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced...no and will not ever
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol...yes
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild....not that I'm aware of but I think it would be veery cool...I love mushrooms.
118. Ridden a horse... yep! (Poor horse)
119. Had major surgery..yes, unfortunately
120. Had a snake as a pet...no
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon...no but wouldn't that be cool!
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours...yes when I had mono I slept for two and a half months almost all day every day
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states....no
124. Visited all 7 continents...no just two
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days...no but again, that would be a blast!
126. Eaten kangaroo meat ....um no way......
127. Eaten sushi...disgusting stuff sushi... never again...
128. Had your picture in the newspaper..yes
129. Changed someones mind about something you care deeply about...yes
130. Gone back to school....yes and I'd do it again in a heartbeat, I love learning.
131. Para sailed...no
132. Petted a cockroach...absolutely positively no way in Hades would I get close enough to one to do that not no way not no how, no (deep shudder)
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes..yes! Delish!
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey..... in high school
135. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school, and read their books....hmmm I think I pretty much hit on everyone between high school and college and about the next 15 years after that...
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating....yes
137. Skipped all your school reunions.....no - actually went to 10 year college one and will hopefully go to the 25th too
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language...yes
139. Been elected to public office....no
140. Written your own computer language...no but I've written in computer languages
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream.....occasionally
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care...no, but I've been close...
143. Built your own PC from parts ....no but i"d love to
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you...yes
145. Had a booth at a street fair...yes
146: Dyed your hair...yes
147: Been a DJ...no
148: Shaved your head ..I almost did when my mom and best friend both had cancer at the same time.
149: Caused a car accident...yes
150: Saved someones life...yes and it's dang scary
So, who else is up to the challenge?