Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Posted 1/15/07

A Coincidence?

So as I'm trying to keep my "word of the year" in mind as I pursue my scrapbooking and my daily life, I was tidying off my desk from the weekend and came across a paper that my youngest brought home from school about the upcoming PTA events.

There at the bottom of the paper is the following quote:

"The Character of Education Word for the Month of January is Perseverance!"

Perseverance is focusing your energy and efforts on a particualr ltask and then sticking with it until it is done. Perseverance is using your willpower and determination to do something even when it isn't easy."

Well... that kind of says it all eh?

So as I continue my day today, scrapbooking, playing with my little guy and generally "living" I'll remember that it's my willpower and determination that will make the difference between my success and my failure at any given task. Not that this is a revalation to me, but it was so "black and white".

Here's to the nose to the grindstone, the will and determination to succeed. I'll do my best to not only remember my own determination, even when it isn't easy but also to remember that it is by my own hand that I either will or will not succeed.

Whew! That's a load to live up to isn't it! God give me the strength! *smiles*

1 comment:

Lissa Ballard said...

Comment from: Jacquie
Our kids school has the word of the month and ours is also perserverance. Must be a database somewhere that all the schools are a part of!!

Comment from: kim http://scrap-to-my-lu.blogspot.com
wow, what a coinsidence..........oh man I know I spelled that wrong.....but oh well, I'm not looking it up. :)