Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Challenge 5 and a little extra

Hello Divas and everyone else who might be reading...

Challenge #5 was to take a picture of "Silence". Most of us with children selected photos of our darling children sleeping which is, in our ears, blessed silence after a long day. Not that we don't love hearing their little voices and not that I don't love my name ("Mommy"). I truly do. But at 8, they become magpies. All three of my kids did it. It's like a switch got flipped and they have mouths that don't stop moving and making sounds. C-O-N-S-T-A-N-T-L-Y.... So yeah, I took a picture of my little guy sleeping.



But, since everyone else took the same, I decided to take a different picture too. I live in a sweet neighborhood (not all the people here are nice but who's neighborhood is 100% nice and no naughties?). It's so quiet and no crime. At night it's particularly quiet, especially on days like today where it's been nice and warm and gets dark early; not to mention the rain that we've had for three days now. (I know - it's not normal to have a 70 degree day just 24 hours after it was 43 and tomorrow will yet again be 45 so we're having really really abnormal temperatures. Yesterday we had snow flurries during the night and today it was 70... Freaky!) So anyhow, at night, it's so lovely and quiet. It's dark (we don't have street lights) and even the animals aren't barking on a chilly rainy night. So here's my picture of silence. Hope you like!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Yes, when you have boys (and girls) you do crave some silence once in a while. lol He looks so innocent and peaceful. Love your ngihttime picture. We have had the same crazy weather that you have.

Abby said...

I love the innocence your first picture posses! What a cutie, btw! :) And your second ... love it!!! Always is there silence in nature ... a beautiful silence! :) Well done!!! :)

Jolene said...

oooooooo our sweet dear daltie! Both are wonderful examples gf! love you! Great job!